Terms and Conditions of International Remittance Service
Articla 1 (Scope of application)
Terms and Conditions of International Remittance Service(hereinafter referred to as the "Terms") govern the handling of international remittance services provided by Digitel Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Service"). You shall fully understand and agree to these Terms and Conditions before using this Service.
Article 2 (Qualification to use the Service)
The following customers will not be eligible to use the Service
(1) Customers who would like to conduct a remittance transaction requiring prior permission, but not permitted yet;
(2) A minor (under 18 years of age), an adult ward, a person under curatorship, a person under curatorship or a person under curatorship who has not used this Service or has not obtained the consent of a statutory representative, curator or assistant;
(3) Customers who would like to remit unjustified profits from crimes;
(4) Customers who are not able to identify themselves;
(5) Customers who fall within Article 23;
(6) Other customers who are unable to make international remittances due to laws and regulations or orders of courts, etc.
Article 3 (Member registration)
1. If you would like to use the Service, you may register as a member. However, if you do not register as a member, you will be asked to confirm the transaction in accordance with the documents provided for in Article 3 (4), assuming that the transaction is not continuous.
2. For corporate customers, member registration is required
3. In case of member registration (hereinafter referred to as "Applicant"), we ask that you agree to these Terms and go through the prescribed member registration procedures of the Company.
4. The following conditions should be met if you register as a member.
(1) Those who live in Japan and are 18 years old or older
(2) Those who can present any of the ID cards issued in Japan (Driver's license, Passport, Residence card).
5. We will conduct the necessary examination of the application in accordance with the procedures set forth in the preceding paragraph, and if we accept the Applicant's member registration, we will issue a membership card to the applicant to express our consent. In addition, as a result of the examination of the application, if the Applicant falls within any of the following conditions, we may not accept the member registration.
(1) Failed to submit identification documents prescribed by the Company
(2) In case of a person whose membership has been cancelled in the past due to violation of Terms
(3) In the event that the Company finds that the member registration of applicant is inappropriate
6. Company will examine the application or registration information of the applicant or the member regardless of prior registration and may cancel the member registration at our discretion if any of the following applies.
(1) If there is a false entry in the application or registration information of the applicant or member
(2) If the Applicant or member is a minor, an adult ward, a guardian or an assisted person, and the registration procedure has not been performed by the adult ward or has not obtained the consent of the legal representative, curator or assistant at the time of the registration procedure;
(3) if the Company finds that the member registration of the applicant or member is inappropriate
7. You can register your beneficiary when you register as a member. In this case, please refer to our prescribed member registration procedures.
Article 4 (Membership card and Password)
1. Members shall manage their membership cards at their own risk and shall not lend them to others. In addition, members shall keep their passwords secret and should not let others know or be known.
2. In the event that the membership card and passwords presented at the time of the remittance request match the registered membership card number and passwords, the registered genuine member shall be deemed to have made the remittance request.
3. If you lose or forget your membership card or passwords, we will reissue your membership card or passwords by contacting us in a prescribed way.
4. Even if a member card or passwords is used by others without the customer's permission, the Company will not take any responsibility.
Article 5 (Remittance Service Plan)
The company's remittance service offers the following plans:
(1) KR remittance
The service for remittance to South Korea. The remittance fund will be transferred to the beneficiary's bank account in KRW currency.
(2) PB remittance
The service for remittance to the Philippines, which is operated by the Bank of the Philippine Islands.
(3) PC remittance
The specialized cash pickup service for remittance to the Philippines, which is operated by Cebuana Lhuillier.
(4) CE remittance
The service for remittance to China, which is operated by EMQ inc.
(5) VR remittance
The service for remittance to Vietnam, which is operated by Vietcombank.
Article 6 (Remittance request)
1. In accordance with these Terms, the Company accepts your remittance request and sends money to the beneficiary you designate for the amount you specify.
2. You shall fill out the required information in the remittance request form (application form) when you use the Service. Members who have already completed member registration may request remittance to the Company by presenting or submitting their member number, membership card, and passwords, and may request remittance according to prescribed procedures such as FAX or e-mail.
3. In addition to the remittance request set forth in the preceding paragraph, the customer shall pay the remittance fund and the fee set forth in the following article to the Company in Japanese yen.
(1) Bank transfer (furikomi) to the bank account designated by Company
(2) Cash payment at the counter designated by Company
4. Non-member customer shall submit the "Remittance request form" as well as ID documents (including Individual Number document, so-called My Number) prescribed by the Company. In general, members who present or submit their member number (membership card) and passwords are not required to submit additional ID documents prescribed by the Company, but they shall submit the documents if requested.
5. When requesting remittance, the customer needs to check according to foreign exchange laws and regulations, so the customer shall take the following steps.
(1) Report the purpose of remittance and other prescribed matters accurately.
(2) Unless identification has been completed in accordance with the prescribed procedures, a driver's license, passport (address filled in), residence card, etc. and a copy of the Individual number document (My number) shall be submitted.
(3) In case of a transaction requiring permission in advance, a document certifying the permit shall be presented or a copy submitted.
(4) In the case of corporate customers, Company may ask them to submit evidence documents of the transaction.
6. Company shall enter into a remittance contract with you upon receipt of your remittance funds and fees and acceptance of your remittance request.
7. Company can cancel the remittance consignment contract if Company determines that the identification cannot be completed or may not be completed even though Company accepts your remittance request.
8. Company accepts your remittance request during business hours only.
9. The amount of remittance you can request to the Company is listed as follows.
(1) Maximum amount of remittance
The maximum amount of remittance is 1 million Japanese yen per transaction and 3 million Japanese yen in a month. The company rejects any remittance requests exceeding the maximum amount of remittance. However, the maximum amount of remittance will be the lower amount if there is a limit to the maximum amount of remittance due to the laws and regulations of the beneficial country.
In the case of CE remittance, the maximum amount is equivalent to 3,000 USD.
(2) Corporate Customer (Members)
The amount shall not exceed 1 million Japanese yen per request except for CE remittance.
However, the maximum amount and the maximum number of transactions may be set differently if there is a limit to the maximum amount of remittance due to the laws and regulations of the beneficial country, or if the Company deems it necessary.
10. In case you request remittance via Fax or e-mail, Company is responsible only if we receive your request. Company shall not be liable for any damage or expenses incurred by you due to any delay or failure of remittance services caused by failure of communication equipment or line, line interruption, etc., or any errors or omissions occur in the information sent by the Company unless the Company has intentional or gross negligence.
11. Company may set various restrictions and change the restrictions to the remittance services at any time without prior notice.
Articla 7 (Fees, etc.)
(1) For KR remittance
|Up to 50,000 JPY||500 JPY|
|50,001 ~ 1,000,000 JPY||1,000 JPY|
(2) For PB remittance or PC remittance
|Up to 10,000 JPY||480 JPY|
|10,001 ~ 30,000 JPY||750 JPY|
|30,001 ~ 30,000 JPY||1,000 JPY|
|50,001 ~ 200,000 JPY||1,400 JPY|
|200,001 ~ 1,000,000 JPY||1,600 JPY|
(3) For CE remittance
|Up to 3,000 USD (around 300,000 JPY)||1,000 JPY|
(4) For VR remittance
|Up to 50,000 JPY||370 JPY|
|50,001 ~ 100,000 JPY||720 JPY|
|100,001 ~ 1,000,000 JPY||1,000 JPY|
2. The remittance fee is subject to change without prior notice to the customer. In this case, the date of change and the contents of the change will be posted on the Company"s website.
3. If a cancellation is made under Article 13, you will be required to pay a cancellation fee (equivalent to the actual cost) and a transfer fee to your bank account. In this case, the remittance fee set forth in the preceding paragraph shall not be refunded.
Article 8 (FX rate)
1. The FX rate applied to KR remittance shall be 0.05 JPY to 0.5 JPY added to the exchange rate (TTM) of the Korea Exchange Bank at the time of remittance processing (the FX rate may change from 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM to 15:00 PM).
2. The FX rate applied to PB remittance and PC remittance shall be 0.05 JPY to 0.5 JPY added to the exchange rate (TTM) of the Metropolitan Bank of the Philippines at the time of remittance processing.
3. The FX rate applied to CE remittance shall be 0.05 JPY to 0.5 JPY added to the FX rate provided by EMQ Singapore Pte Ltd. based on the exchange rate (TTM) of the Bank of Shanghai China at the time of remittance processing.
4. The FX rate applied to VR remittance shall be 0.05 JPY to 0.5 JPY added to the FX rate provided by VCBR based on the FX rate (TTM) of VCB Bank at the time of remittance processing.
5. The same FX rate will be applied if we return the funds in a currency different from the remittance currency.
Article 9 (Issuance of Receipt)
1. Company will issue you a receipt stating the details of your remittance request and the amount of remittance at the time of the conclusion of a remittance consignment contract based on Article 6 Clause 6 and the decision of the FX rate applied to the transaction.
2. Receipts are required in case of cancellation, etc. under Article 12, so customers shall be responsible to keep the receipts carefully.
Article 10 (Payment of Remittance Funds)
1. For KR remittance, CE remittance, and VR remittance
(1) Company will pay the specified amount to the beneficiary by transferring the amount to the beneficiary's bank account (hereinafter referred to as the "receiving account").
(2) As a general rule, your beneficiary can receive your remittance on the same day. However, it may be limited in business hours of financial institutions, regulatory requirements, weather, telecommunications lines, and other conditions.
2. For PB remittance and PC remittance
(1) Your beneficiary can receive the remittance funds through the Company's partners and its networks. In that case, the beneficiary of the remittance may need to show a valid ID, etc. Also, your beneficiary may need to go through the procedures prescribed by local partners and their networks.
(2) Your beneficiary can also receive remittance funds by bank transfer to the designated receiving bank at your request. In addition, you may contact the receiving bank or the account service provider for the time of credit.
Article 11 (Inquiry of transaction details)
1. You shall contact us immediately if you have any doubts about the remittance service such as an unpaid transaction of remittance funds in the beneficiary's bank account after the remittance request.
2. Regarding your remittance request, the Company may ask about the request if necessary, such as receiving an inquiry from the relevant authorities. In this case, you shall reply as soon as possible. If you do not respond to the inquiry within a reasonable period of time or if you do not respond appropriately, we may not be able to pay the remittance funds to your beneficiary. In addition, we shall not be responsible for any damage caused.
Article 12 (Cancellation)
1. You shall submit your request for cancellation if you would like to cancel your request after the contract is concluded. The company will not be able to accept your request for cancellation if the Company has already transferred remittance funds to the beneficiary's bank account at the time of your cancellation request.
2. You shall fill out the required information in the "Request for cancellation of remittance" prescribed by the Company and submit it to us along with the "Certificate of Receipt". In this case the Company will ask you to submit the Company's prescribed identification documents to verify your identity.
3. When the Company carefully check and confirm the contents of the receipt and your name, Member ID, etc. on the remittance cancellation request form and the name, member ID, etc. on the remittance request form, the Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage.
Article 13 (Handling of Personal Information, etc.)
2. Regarding the use of the Service, Company shall be able to provide your information and your beneficiary's information and remittance information to the extent necessary for the provision of the Service to the Company's consignee, agent, or other third parties.
3. Company may comply with the request of laws, tribunal procedures, or other legal procedures or supervisory authorities to submit information about customers or beneficiaries and remittance transactions.
4. Regarding your personal information submitted, you can request the disclosure of the personal information stored by the Company. You shall contact us if you would like to disclose it.
Article 14 (Change of Registered Information)
1. If there is a change in the registered information, you shall promptly report it to us in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the Company. We will treat your registered information as unchanged without this notification.
2. Company shall not be responsible for any delay, non-arrival or default of notification from you due to the failure of the member to notify the change of the registered information.
Article 15 (Period of member registration)
The contract period for member registration is 2 years from the date we issue the membership card (member ID), and if there is no cancellation request from the members, the contract will be renewed automatically for 2 years.
Article 16 (Re-identification)
After the member registration process, in case of the relevant laws and regulations such as the Act on the Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds (including subsequent amendments to Act No. 22, 2007) need identification process or the Company finds it necessary, the Company may ask you to submit the necessary documents again. The company may suspend all or part of your transactions or cancel your membership if you do not submit these required documents (including if you do not contact the Company by the deadline, if the notice requesting the submission of the required documents sent to the address on your file is returned to the Company due to non-delivery, or if the Company can not contact you with the phone number on your file). The company shall not be responsible for any damage or loss caused by this.
Article 17 (Cancellation of Member registration)
You can cancel your membership by conducting procedures prescribed by the Company.
Article 18 (Exclusion of Antisocial forces)
1. Customers acknowledge that they and their designated beneficiaries do not fall under any of the following and will not fall under any of the following conditions in the future:
(1) Crime Syndicate
(2) Member of Crime Syndicate
(3) Quasi member of Crime Syndicate
(4) Enterprises affiliated with Crime Syndicate
(5) Corporate extortionist, etc., Social movements, etc., or special intelligence violent groups, etc.
(6) Other persons equivalent to the preceding items
2. Customers promise not to perform any of the following acts either by themselves or through a third party.
(1) Violent demands
(2) Unreasonable demands beyond legal responsibility
(3) Acts of threatening words and actions or using violence regarding transactions.
(4) Disseminating rumours, damaging the Company's credibility or interfering with the Company's business by using fraudulent means or force
(5) Other acts equivalent to the preceding items
Article 19 (Cancellation or suspension of the Service)
Company shall be able to suspend or interrupt the Service without prior notice to the customers when the Company recognizes it is necessary to suspend or interrupt the system due to system maintenance, failure of communication lines, communication devices, or computer systems. Company shall not be responsible for any damages to customers caused by this unless the Company knowingly or grossly negligent.
Article 20 (Suspension, etc. of the Service)
In case of Company determines that you fall under any of the following items, the Company shall be able to suspend the Service and cancel your membership without prior notice. The company shall not be responsible for any damages to the customer caused by this.
(1) When a customer violates laws and regulations or the Terms
(2) When the Company finds the customer has committed any of the acts falling under any of the items of Article 18 Clause 1 or any of the items of Clause 2 of the same Article or has made a false declaration with respect to an expression or commitment under Clause 1 of the same Article.
(3) When the contents of your remittance request violate the laws and regulations of Japan
(4) When the Service is used for or is likely to be used for acts contrary to laws and regulations or public order
(5) When the customer's whereabouts are unknown
(6) When the customer's inheritance has to commence
(7) When war, civil war, freezing of assets of financial institutions, or suspension of payment, etc. occurs, or is likely to occur
(8) In addition to the items listed in the preceding items, when the Company finds it necessary that there is a considerable reason to suspend the Service.
Article 21 (Disclaimers)
1. If the remittance cannot be made due to force majeure such as disasters, incidents, wars, restrictions under laws, measures are taken by the government or public organizations such as courts, or other reasons attributable to the Company, the Company shall not be responsible for any damages.
2. Company shall not be responsible for any damage caused by the error in the beneficiary's name or account number or other misstatements, incomplete application, the dispute between the customers and the beneficiary or a third party over the cause of the remittance.
3. In the event that we are liable for damages in connection with the Terms, the amount shall be limited to the number of remittance funds.
Article 22 (Amendment or Abolition, etc. of the Terms)
1. The Terms and the contents of the Service (including business hours, amount limits, and fees) may be changed or abolished if the Company finds it necessary due to changes in financial situations, or other circumstances, or other reasons. In addition, the use of the Service may be suspended in whole or in part due to such changes or abolition.
2. Company shall not be responsible for any damage caused by the change, abolition, or suspension of use set forth in the preceding clause.
3. When the Company changes or abolishes the Terms or the Service, at least one month's advance notice shall be made through appropriate means of display, such as posting at the counter or display it on our website.
Article 23 (Prohibition of Transfer, Pledge, etc.)
Your contractual status and any other rights relating to the Service under the Terms shall not be transferred, lent, pawned or otherwise used by a third party.
Article 24 (Location and contact information of business offices responding to consultations and complaints)
The location and contact information of the Company's business office in response to customer consultations and complaints are as follows.
Digitel Co. Ltd.
1-20-22 Hyakunin-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo (Tel: 03-3362-0702)
1-20-22 Hyakunin-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo (Tel: 03-5338-8460)
Article 25 (Complaint Handling Measures and Dispute Resolution Measures)
Contact information for complaint handling measures and dispute resolution measures are as follows.
1. Complaint Handling Measures: Japan Payment Service Association
2. Dispute Resolution Measures: Dispute Resolution Center of Tokyo Bar Association
Arbitration Center of Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association
Arbitration Center of Daini Tokyo Bar Association
Article 26 (Governing Law / Jurisdiction)
The governing law of the Terms and the Service shall be Japanese law. The Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive jurisdiction of the first instance in the event of a lawsuit concerning the Terms or the Service.
Article 27 (Language)
Regarding the Terms, if there is a difference in the content of Japanese, English or other languages, the Japanese language shall prevail.